Thursday, October 29, 2020

Noah's house

 Noah closed on his house yesterday.  There's his truck, full of stuff and parked near the lawyer's office.


Mike got a picture of him signing all the papers.  I wasn't allowed at closing because of COVID, so I took a carload of stuff to the house and unloaded it on the driveway while I waited.  I also spent some time thinking back over his life and how much I've always loved him, and I cried.  And then I stopped crying before they got there.
He arrived with keys and tried unsuccessfully to open the door and ended up using the garage door opener to get in.  
He pulled the "For Sale" sign out of the yard, because it is no longer for sale!

We hauled stuff in and started working on various cleaning, organizing, and repairing projects.

Noah replaced some old nasty register covers.
Mike installed Noah's early birthday gift: a bidet. :)
I worked on wiping out kitchen drawers and cabinets and lining them and putting away his kitchen stuff.  My mom and dad arrived, and we had lunch, and then we all worked all afternoon.  


Mom and I worked on cleaning the kitchen most of the time. 
Dad patched a hole in the cellar stairs with hydraulic cement.  He also worked on a temporary fix to keep rain from getting in by the windows. 
Mike and Noah made a trip to Menards. They also ripped out the nasty carpet in the bedroom.  It was filthy, ugly and reeked of dog.
It was so dusty in there that my camera couldn't even focus.  


Mom and Dad gave him a sentimental gift that started me crying again.  He has the perfect little octagon window to display them. 

Dad found a burn barrel in the garage, and Noah and I put it in the firepit and burned a bunch of stuff. 
Mike and Noah worked on assembling his new fireplace, but by 8:00 p.m., we were ready to come home, so they will continue that project tonight.

No comments: