Saturday, October 31, 2020

Today's bungalow work

Noah is on a church retreat this weekend, but a small crew of us worked without him.  Dad started painting the bedroom.


He's painting gray over the ugly purplish color.

Then he did some work around the windows.

Mike hooked up our old antenna to Noah's TV and got his local channels set up.  He also completed the fireplace assembly!

Then he made a trip to Menards to get plumbing supplies to fix the hose leaking into the cellar.
I did some piddly little jobs while I was putting off my big project that I didn't want to do: sealing the countertops.  I did more coats of paint touch-ups, hung a calendar,
dug up a big nasty weed,
and asked Mike to hang the dolphin picture.
This was given to me by my boyfriend in 1993 as a "Sorry I broke your heart and ruined your life" gift.  Mike is glad to see it go to Noah's house.
Finally, I could put it off no longer and tackled the countertops.  They are just plain old wood, so I wanted to glaze and coat them with sealant.   It was quite a process of taping, mixing, stirring, pouring, spreading, and blow drying, but it turned out nice!  I only got this much done, and if it cures well, I'll tackle the other 2/3 another day.





No comments: