Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Pandemic play changes

Sarah earned a part in Morton High School's fall play, "The Man Who Came to Dinner", but it's very different because of COVID. All the actors wear masks during rehearsals, and even during the show.  The show will be online only, with no live audience.  I feel bad for Sarah and all the others, especially for the seniors, but I am thankful (as I bet they are too) that at least they get to have the experience of putting on a play, such as it is.  

Sarah was originally cast as a radio tech person and a prisoner/luncheon guest with no lines, but one of the other minor actors has COVID so Sarah absorbed his lines and had to memorize them in two days.  

The play was being streamed online and available to watch one day only.  For all the other plays that Sarah has been in, parents were allowed to attend dress rehearsal and take pictures.  I always enjoyed doing that.  These pictures were taken by the parent that was allowed to be there.  Thankfully she's a better photographer than I am. The last few are screenshots I took while I was watching it.













No comments: