Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update

Well, I didn't achieve all my goals for the day. We made tortillas, shoveled snow, went sledding, and cleaned one bathroom, but the other bathroom remains. It's supposed to get cleaned on Mondays, but I can usually find some reason to put it off. Have to do it tomorrow for sure. I do have a pretty good excuse today though. We were very cold and walking home from sledding, and I promised a warm bath and hot chocolate to the kids. Got home and discovered that we were locked out. That's a long story, but suffice it to say that Noah made an error. Sarah started crying pitifully, and by the time we got to the neighbor's house to use the phone, she was wailing, "I want to go home! I want to go home!" The wonderful neighbor let us in, and while I was calling Mike, she made popcorn for the kids and turned on something for them to watch on TV. Sarah was too upset to eat, so you KNOW she was really upset. Noah wasn't bothered at all and seemed to be enjoying himself. Mike confirmed my fear that we didn't even have a key to this particular door, because we never lock it. The neighbor's husband came in then, and I asked him if he had any lock picking tools. He was able to get the door unlocked, and we were very thankful to be home, but alas, no time to clean the bathroom.

No comments: