Sunday, July 18, 2010

Crazy wheelchair lady

We toured the new hospital today, which is amazing and surprisingly beautiful.  I pray we'll never see it again.  During the tour, a woman was pushing her mom in a wheelchair behind us.  She wasn't watching where she was going, and she mowed me down with the wheelchair.  I have a scrape and a big bruise on my ankle.  I warned Mike to watch out for her, and I guess I should have warned the kids.  Later in the tour, she crashed into Noah, leaving him a matching injury with mine.  From then on, we stayed behind her.  Good thing, because after that, she crashed her poor mother right into the corner of a wall. 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Adam, Edyn and I were there on Saturday. It is VERY beautiful but I agree - I hope I never have to see the inside of the facility again. Glad to be a celebratory visitor, though.
We all must be doomed... I have an injury from the visit as well - a nice big bruise and knot on my right forearm. Except, I was the person not paying attention to where I was going. I was busy chatting with the guide, and ran right into a metal door handle (the kind that goes horizontally all the way across). OOPS. :o)

Anonymous said...

You should have stopped to see ME!! I worked this weekend... (I got to tour the new building last weekend though, although I did have my grandparents get me a shirt yesterday :)

Lauren