Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yet another massive kitchen mess

I made pancakes and decided to top them with whipped cream and strawberries.  I had a bunch of strawberries from the garden, and last night I had bought a giant sized carton of whipping cream.  I whipped up the cream with powdered sugar and vanilla and put it in the fridge until I got everything else ready.  Fortunately, I thoroughly enjoyed licking the beaters, because that's all the whipped cream I got to eat. 

I finished the rest of the food, opened the fridge, and grabbed for the whipped cream in a rush.  I knocked it off the shelf, and it dumped its contents all over the fridge and freezer before hitting the floor and splattering absolutely everywhere.  It was all over my feet and legs, the oven door, and the cabinets, and there was a big puddle of it on the floor. 

Just then, the cat appeared out of nowhere and started walking around and lapping up the cream.  I had to shut him out of the kitchen before he gorged himself and started puking everywhere.  I also didn't want him tracking cream all over the house, because I already had plenty of cleaning up to do.  He was unhappy about being banished, so he cried and howled the whole time I was cleaning.

It took a long time, and the floor still feels oily and slippery.  Am I the only one who has these gigantic, explosive  kitchen disasters?  I've definitely had more than my share of them. 






3 comments:

Mike Janes said...

I just try to stay out of the kitchen so I don't commit any disasters. :)

Janes Family said...

I'm thinking about staying out of the kitchen myself and just letting the kids take over. How much worse could they do?

Anonymous said...

My grandma made us a cherry cobbler a few weeks ago... and it was sitting in the fridge and someone (namely me) opened the fridge just as it took a tumble off the top shelf and all over me... so I guess I have them too!

Lauren