Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Questions

I'm having a rough morning of questions and doubts.  All moms probably question their ability to raise children, but I think for homeschool moms, the doubts are compounded.  If you think you're ruining your child's life at home, at least you can hope that the school will save them.  But when you homeschool, it's all you.  If I'm ruining them, I'm ruining them completely and totally, in every area of life.

These are the questions I'm pondering today:
Should I be stricter?
Should I require more of my kids?
Do they need more routine? Are they too free?
Are they learning anything?
Will they ever speak without mumbling?
Will they ever write neatly with small letters?
Will they learn to spell correctly?
Should I ban all electronics and throw the TV out the window?
Why do they bicker constantly?
Are they geniuses?  Are they retarded?
Are they really incapable of sitting still, or do they need more training?
Will they ever be self-motivated and self-disciplined?
Why can't they be more responsible?
If they died tomorrow, would any of this matter?
What are the odds that they're going to die tomorrow?
Why don't I enjoy them as much as I used to?
What's wrong with me?
Do I even have what it takes?
Do I deserve the great blessing of motherhood?



2 comments:

Mike Janes said...

The answers to your last 2 questions are: Yes and Yes. Don't worry about it. They love and believe in Jesus and that's all that matters.

Jenny said...

The famous Jenny Thomas sees two kids that are polite and caring therefore mom and dad are both doing something right :-)