Monday, December 5, 2011

Regular old Monday

Sarah finished the dog puzzle we were working on.
Noah is explaining to me in great detail about the Lego ship he built, including all its features, weapons, and staff.
Marty is hanging out in her bed.

Sarah is singing a song while doing her math.  She can put anything to music!
She's explaining to me (in her extremely expressive way) the difference between odd and even numbers, in case I don't know.
Our new baby, Snickers, is usually in hiding during the afternoon, but she came out today and succeeded in distracting my hard-working student.  
Snickers tried to join Marty in the bed, but Marty rejected her.  Marty has been hissing and growling for the last two weeks, since we got Snickers, but I'm sure they'll end up being friends. 
My industrious little boy has become a 10-year-old who can be pretty tough to motivate.  At math time, he said, "Shouldn't I go clean my room, Mom?  It's pretty messy."  He'll do anything to get out of math.  He just doesn't like getting started.  Once he gets going, he always says it's not so bad and that he even likes it.  When I went to see how his "cleaning" was going, he was on the floor pretending to be a bull.
No wonder Snickers usually only comes out at night!

As for my Monday accomplishments, I did some laundry and filled up the soap dispensers. No pictures of that.

No comments: