Tuesday, June 19, 2012

WI--day 4

Tuesday, 6/19/12

7:00 a.m. pancakes and bacon.
8:00 a.m.  boys are going outside to play lawn darts, baseball, etc. before it gets too hot.
 10:00 a.m.  way too hot outside.  Boys are playing Wii in the basement....
...and Sarah is helping in the kitchen, where she's always eager to work.  It's my day to cook, so I enlisted Mike and Sarah to tear up lettuce and help make a cake.

1:00 p.m.  brats for lunch, followed by a pool tournament, with real brackets and everything!  I beat my nephew (only because he hit the 8-ball in).  My sister-in-law beat my son (he hit the 8-ball in).  I advanced to the semis, where I beat Mike (because he scratched on the 8-ball, which I didn't even know was a rule).  So it came down to my sister-in-law and me in the championship game.  It was neck and neck, and I was trying to sink the 8-ball...when I scratched.  So Amy is the reigning pool champ!
3:00 p.m. Sarah, Mike, Amy, and I got down with some Twister Moves.
3:40 p.m. Mike and Sarah are going out in the canoe.  Mike brokered a deal with the neighbor, Chuck, to rent his jetskis for the day tomorrow. 
 5:00 p.m.  Lots of Bananagrams.


6:30 p.m.  Chicken tacos.  Then some of us went outside for a rather intense game of Taboo.

9:00 p.m.  Mom and I are going for a walk. 
10:00 p.m.  Kids are finding their way to various sleeping places.  All are excited about jetski day tomorrow.

No comments: