Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Barnabus

When I was a kid, I thought my mom was perfect and my grandma knew everything.  My kids have never maintained such illusions about me.  One thing about the homeschooling lifestyle is that I have to live out my life in front of them 24/7. 

It was a rough morning.  Several things didn't go well.  When we sat down to lunch, I told them I felt like a failure.  Sweet Noah was quick to pipe up, "No, you're not! You're good at lots of things!  Sarah, let's tell Mom all the things she's good at. You start."  Sarah said, "Wellll.....um.....uh....ok, I'm sure there's something....things Mom is good at....um.....oh! I know!  She's good at setting the alarm clock!"  I think it must have taken her a full 30 seconds to come up with that.  I said, "Gee, thanks," and she said, "No, really!  Not everyone can do that!

No comments: