Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday

I won't get up at 4 a.m. and wait in long lines in the cold for ANY kind of deal, even free stuff.  And I won't go anywhere near Peoria on this crazy day. My idea of Black Friday shopping is going to the Morton K-Mart at 9:00 a.m.  The only reason I even did that was because we were completely out of milk, so I had to go to Kroger anyway.  I asked the kids if they wanted to experience the "holiday" with me.  Noah said no way, but Sarah was all about it.  She likes shopping.  I saw something I wanted to buy for her, so I sent her on a wild goose chase to look for something while I sneaked to the checkout lane.  The cashier bagged it in a big black bag so I could hide it.  When I found Sarah, she was cowering in front of an old lady pushing a cart and threatening, "Get out of my way or I'll run you over!"  Sarah looked genuinely scared.  She was happy to see me.  She hid behind me and whimpered, "People are mean on Black Friday!"

We also went to Walmart, and we saw a gull in the parking lot.  Sarah said, "That's not a seagull, because it's nowhere near the sea.  It's a Walgull!"

No comments: