Thursday, May 9, 2013

Health food

I read about this on facebook, so who knows if it's true, but I couldn't resist trying it.  It's a parsley tea that's supposed to cleanse your kidneys.  Wash a bunch of parsley, boil it for 10 minutes, strain it, and drink it.  I added lots and lots of honey.  It was definitely not a tasty beverage, but it wasn't too bad.  Not sure how to tell if my kidneys are cleaner.

Fruit salad.  I cut up one of each of these fruits: orange, apple, kiwi, banana, and added 3 oz. peach yogurt. We all ate some, and it was good. 

Healthy bars that actually taste good!  Even Sarah liked them.  Melt 1/2 c. peanut butter, 1/4 c. honey, and 1/4 c. coconut oil (which is super fatty, but they say it's the "good" fat).  Stir in 1 c. oat and 1 c. whatever you want (I did chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries). Spread in a pan and chill in the fridge. 

No comments: