Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 15

This anniversary gets less sad as the years go by.  The baby girl I delivered on this day would be 10 years old now if she had lived. I thought about her this morning, allowed myself to imagine what she would be like, and moved on. 

In other news, Sarah wrote this poem.  She just spouted it out, and I transcribed it.  Her ability to make up poems astounds me.

I sought the Lord and He answered me.
He sent me a little genie who granted me three wishes.
I wish to have wisdom.
I wish to be wise.
I wish for God to open my eyes.
I wish to see the fireflies' mirth.
I wish to see all the earth.
I wish to see the first snow.
I wish to see everyone grow.
I wish to see everyone smile.
But everything is not worthwhile.
But now I saw my last fireflies'mirth.
I saw my last moment on the earth.
I saw my last snow.
Now I have to go.
I'm up in heaven with God,
and He is a lot to me.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

It was interesting that you came to mind today. And then I prayed for you. Hugs to you, friend!