Sunday, October 11, 2015

Visit to Trivoli

This is the house where I spent the first 23 years of my life.  The white house right next door was Grandma Opal's.  It was a great place to grow up.
Grandma Opal's house. I know she would be pleased that her grandchildren and great-grandchildren still gather there to eat, play, and work.
Noah and his cousin Elizabeth always like to have a fire in the back yard.
Sarah with cousins Elizabeth and Cacey and their dogs Bella and Powder, walking to the post office, because that's what you do in Trivoli.  
Mike, Noah, and Cousin Eddie playing baseball.
 I took the tribe of monkeys to my absolute favorite childhood hangout.
 It's strange and wonderful to see my very own son sitting on the place where I spent so many happy hours as a kid.  I used to pack a bag and spend the whole day up there writing stories and poems.
 Meanwhile, Mike and Eddie were working on insulation in Grandma Opal's attic.
 Noah and Elizabeth
Aunt Linda, Bella, and Mike enjoying a nice evening.











No comments: