Monday, March 7, 2016

He's not finished with us yet

Today was one of those days when I get discouraged about Sarah and lose hope for her ever becoming a nice person.  She was being so mean-spirited, bossy, know-it-all, selfish, and just nasty all day long.  The more I corrected her, the worse she got.  Finally, we took a long bike ride after school.  In front of us, a little boy's ball rolled across the street, and he just stood and stared after it. Sarah stopped, got off her bike, picked up his ball, carried it across the street, and handed it to him.  I just looked at her in wonder.  That's the kind of person I want her to be, but I rarely ever get a glimpse of her.  She said, "What?" And I said, "I'm very proud of you."  Just then, a Brandon Heath song ("Wait and See") came to my mind.  I thought of the lyrics for the rest of our ride.

There is hope for me yet
Because God won't forget
All the plans he's made for me
I have to wait and see
He's not finished with me yet


God has used this song before to encourage me about my kids.  They've only been alive for just a few years.  He has great plans for them.  I just have to wait (more patiently!) and see.  I can hardly wait to see what they (and I) will become when He's finished with us.  

No comments: