Tuesday, September 27, 2016

This is how I make lunch

Last night, Mike and I got a free dinner at Alexander's.  I ate two plates full of salad bar.  I brought home my baked potato and a few croutons and potato sticks from the salad bar.  (I also brought home my steak, which Sarah devoured the minute I walked in the door).  This morning I went to Kroger (see previous post) and found this on markdown:
I didn't know what I would do with it, but obviously couldn't pass it up.  During quiet time (sweet, blessed quiet time, which is the only uninterrupted time I have to think), a lunch plan began to form in my mind.  I sauteed an onion and some garlic in a little vegetable broth and soy sauce, dumped in the whole kale salad, cut up last night's baked potato and some sundried tomatoes (also on sale at Kroger), which I pretend are bacon bits, added some ginger, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and topped the whole thing with crushed up croutons and potato sticks from the salad bar.  
Noah declared it delicious and ate his whole plateful.

No comments: