Friday, September 30, 2016

Creepy teddy bears

Sarah is not on board with this whole vegan eating plan.  Today I decided to try making something cute so she wouldn't be able to resist it.  I found a very healthy vegan recipe for cookies that look like teddy bears.  Here's what they're supposed to look like:
I tried to involve Sarah in making them.  She was not interested.  I was distracted while I was making them and realized too late that I was supposed to grind up walnut and oats.  I already had the batter made and didn't have any walnuts, so I thought I would just add some slivered almonds on top and make them hairy bears.  Mine came out like this:
I cheerily offered one to Sarah, and she said, "No thanks. They look like creepy people with their mouths sewn shut."  A few minutes later, Noah wandered in and said encouraging things like, "Those smell good!" But I was watching his face when he first saw them, and even though he tried to twist it into a smile, the horror registered first.  He glanced at me and said, "Oh...what kind of creatures are those?"  I told him they could be whatever he wanted them to be, like cloud shapes.  He took a bite and said, "Mmmm...they're kinda like those muffins you made last week."  He hated those muffins. I ate a creepy bear myself and sure enough...they taste worse than they look.That's really the way the whole day has gone.

No comments: