Friday, May 4, 2018

Birds and boys

I was watching birds out the window (one of my favorite activities), and I spotted the most spectacular oriole in the neighbor's tree.  It was high up in the branches, and I couldn't get a good picture of it.  I knocked on the neighbor's door and asked if I could climb the play set in their back yard to get a better shot of the bird.  He said yes, and I climbed up and got this picture:
When I got home, Noah said, "Where have you been?"
Me: On top of Tuckers' play set.
N: What?! Why?
M: I wanted to get a picture of the oriole in their tree.
N: So you just climbed up there?  Did they see you?
M: I asked first. They didn't mind.
N: They probably think you're weird.
M: Well, it's about time they knew the truth.
N: Why didn't you just climb the tree in our own yard?
M: Because a) the bird wasn't in our tree, b) it was easier to climb the play set, and c) I'm too old to climb trees.
N: Come on, I'll show you how to climb our tree.
So we went outside, and he gave me a lesson:


I climbed up there with him (but not nearly as high as he went), and we pruned some dead branches while we were up there.

No comments: