Tuesday, May 29, 2018

College

Noah applied to Illinois Central College because he wants to take a class this summer.  Today he got an email that said, "Thank you for submitting your application to Illinois Central College.
You are now officially an ICC student. Congratulations!"  Then there were instructions about how to set up an online account and enroll in classes.  I enrolled him in Physical Therapy Assistant 100.  Easy enough.  It said no tuition bill would be mailed, and it's my responsibility to pay for it online.   I jumped through all the hoops required to do that, and I got to this page:
So I called ICC and asked for the Bursar's office.
ICC: The what?
Me: The Bursar's office.
ICC: What is that?
M: I have no idea.  I'm trying to pay for a class, and your website says I have to contact the Bursar's office.
ICC:  How do you spell that?
M: B-u-r-s-a-r.
ICC: We don't have a Bursar.
M: Ok, well, how can I pay for this class?
ICC:  I don't know.  I don't handle that.
M: Who does?
ICC:  You could try [gives me a number].
I thank her, hang up, and try the number she gave me.  That person gives me a different number.  I thank her, hang up, and try the number she gave me.  I get a message that this person is on leave and I should call this other number.  I call that number.  No answer.  I leave a message.  Nobody calls me back all day.  So far, my actual college degree is not helping me get my kid started on his. 

No comments: