Sunday, March 24, 2019

Phoenix--last day

Friday, March 23, 2019
      
Last day. Our flight didn't leave till 2:12 p.m., so we were planning on sleeping in, having a leisurely breakfast, and taking our time packing, but Mike got a work call very early in the morning, so we didn't do that first part.  We did have breakfast and feed the pigeons, pack up, check out of the hotel, and get to the airport way early.  I saw a lady holding an adorable dog, and of course I asked if I could pet it.  She said, "Oh yes, please do!" so I was petting away and chatting to the dog, and he was responding happily, but then the owner said to me, "You're a cat person, aren't you?"  I stopped petting and said, "Why...am I doing it wrong?"  She laughed and said, "No, there are cats on your shirt."

When we boarded the plane, I was in the middle seat again, this time between Mike and a huge guy.  For the first hour or so, I tried to keep from touching him, but then he went to sleep, and I got weary of using my muscles to hold my limbs away from his, so I just relaxed and let my left arm and leg press up against his.  We had a huge plane this time that had individual screens on each headrest, so I got to watch a movie that I've been wanting to see (The Green Book).  I loved it!

We got home around 10:30 p.m. and were pleasantly surprised to find a clean house!  The kids were waiting up for us and seemed happy to see us.  Noah gave us big hugs, and Sarah had made a welcome home sign.  We are so proud of their trustworthiness and responsibility!
              

No comments: