Friday, March 22, 2019

Phoenix trip--day 3


Wednesday, March 20, 2019
                Watched a beautiful sunrise from the hotel bed with Mike. Then he went to work and I went to figure out the public transportation system.  It’s always a challenge for me.  I studied the maps and schedules for a long time, talked to someone at Central Station, where I bought my day pass for $4, and still didn’t really have a clue what I was doing. 
So I just sat at the station and decided to get on the next train that arrived and ride it until I saw something interesting. 
I saw this weird tornado-looking thing.


Mike wanted me to get cookies and a belt for him.  So when I saw a Fry’s (the AZ version of Kroger), I got off the train. Immediately had a run-in with a cop, who told me I couldn’t exit the platform this way and had to turn around and go the other way.  I didn’t really comprehend what he was talking about, since I had been careful to do everything right. He threatened to give me a ticket and I asked him to explain exactly what I was doing wrong and what he wanted me to do instead.  I finally got the cookies and got on another train.   I saw a Ross store and hopped off to buy a belt.  I also went next door to PetSmart to pet the cats who are up for adoption.  Got on the next train and rode it to the end of the line.  Switched trains and came back to the hotel. Saw Mike briefly during his lunch break. Then hung out in the room and made sure I know which buses and trains to take to Mesa tonight for the Cubs game.
Mike was happy to watch his first game at Sloan Park, "Wrigleyville West".





Mike got to see some old hall of famers, including Andre Dawson and some Ferguson guy I never heard of.




No comments: