Monday, February 15, 2010

My little packrat

Yesterday I was helping Noah clean his room.  The kid is emotionally attached to every little piece of junk in his room, so it's very difficult to declutter, since he's always around.  I was stuffing things in my pockets to secretly dispose of when he wasn't looking.  I loaded up the kitchen garbage can  with the loot while he was still in his room.  Then I carefully covered it up with other garbage. 

Fast forward to this morning when I woke up at 2:30 a.m.  I didn't go back to sleep, so I was wide awake when I heard Noah come out of his room at 3:30.  I heard the refrigerator door open, followed by some rustling.  After a few minutes, he went back to bed.  When he got up this morning, I asked him about his middle of the night adventure.  He admitted that he was rooting through the garbage to see if I had thrown away any of his "valuable property"!  I cringed and asked if he had found anything.  He said, "No. I only used the light of the refrigerator, so I couldn't see very well.  I thought it would be my only chance to search without you seeing me."

No comments: