Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nocturnal mystery

When I woke up, Mike peered at my cheek and said, "There's something on your face." (when we were newlyweds 13 years ago, it would have been, "Good morning, honey.  You look beautiful.")  I groggily looked in the mirror and thought a big melanoma had somehow appeared overnight.  I leaned closer and discovered that it was a blob of chocolate, plastered onto my cheek.  In my early morning fog, I tried to remember what I did last night...I'm sure I didn't consciously eat any chocolate, so I must have eaten it in my sleep.  And apparently with some degree of abandon, since it was nowhere near my  mouth. 

Later I was snuggled up with the kids in my bed, and Sarah was eating a chocolate chip granola bar.  I watched a chocolate chip fall off the bar and land on my pillow, and suddenly the mystery was solved. 

No comments: