Thursday, February 18, 2010

WWJD

I worked in the 4-year-old class at CBS today, and I witnessed a little boy choke a little girl, because she sat in the seat next to him. Her reaction was to sit there and cry.  Tonight I told Noah and Sarah about it and asked them what they would have done if the kid choked them.  Noah said, "I would get the teacher."  Sarah said, "I'd KICK him!"  I thought this would be a good moment to talk about what Jesus would do, and teach them about turning the other cheek and being peacemakers.  That's what I intended to say, but what came out of my mouth was, "If someone is hurting you or doing something inappropriate to you and you've asked him not to, first try telling the teacher, but if you can't get the teacher's attention...kick him!"  In theory, I know that we're supposed to leave judgment and revenge to God, but when I picture a mean kid torturing my kids... I guess I have a long way to go in my spiritual growth.

No comments: