Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Too much time on my hands

 
I bought this yogurt only because I had a coupon for it.  I certainly don't need help with slow intestinal transit.  This statement on the container amused me, because that little phrase, "as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle" is really the key.  If you have a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, you wouldn't need fancy yogurt to speed up your "intestinal transit".  You could insert any food in place of "activia".  For example, "Eating a pound of M&M's is scientifically proven to help with slow intestinal transit when enjoyed daily for two weeks as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.


When I read "See under lid for details", I just had to see for myself what these details could be. 

I took off the plastic lid (on the right), thinking that would be the logical place to find the details.  Nothing.  So I peeled back the yogurt-covered foil lid, and there were the details.  Who's going to bother to wipe the yogurt off to read them?  
 

Yep.  Me.  After going to the trouble to clean off the lid, you can't even read the tiny silver words printed on the wrinkly silver foil.  I got out the magnifying glass and was barely able to make out the details.  You have to mail the company your original receipt (with the yogurt purchase circled), the UPC code (which you have to cut off the plastic container), and, get this...a written essay about "why you didn't see the benefits of Activia."  All this must be postmarked by a certain date, and then you have to wait 6-8 weeks for your refund.  Would anyone really wipe off the yogurt to read the information, cut off the UPC code, circle the receipt, write an essay about their constipation, put it all in an envelope, and spend 42 cents to mail it, just to get their $2.99 back?   


No comments: