Friday, July 8, 2011

Another bird rescue

Baby robin in the garage this morning.  I carried him outside, put him under a tree, and kept Jason in the house.  The bird hopped around in the yard all day.  I kept watching for a parent bird to come and feed him, because he was screaming about how hungry he was, but nobody ever appeared.

Finally, I went out to feed him myself.  Marty was curious and followed me.  She's not the brightest bulb in the pack, and she's very sweet and gentle (in fact, she reminds me of Lenny in Of Mice and Men), so I didn't think she would hurt the bird.
She hovered over him while I fed him,
and then she sniffed him, nuzzled him, and even licked him!
After I fed him, he leaned against me and went right to sleep.


I haven't been sleeping much at night anyway, so now at least I'll have something to do all night: feed little Cheepers!

2 comments:

dave said...

He found a good home!

Jamie Schroderus said...

I am not suprised that Marty was more interested in nurturing rather than eating the bird...she did the same thing with the puppies when we brought them home, rather than freak out like the others. She would have made a good mamma kitty. 8-) If the bird starts squalking does she meow?