Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The evolution of education

I thought it was important to teach my children to write neatly.  One of them can.  The other one writes like a doctor and argues like a lawyer.  He says he doesn't need to write neatly, because he'll just type everything.  He can write well enough to fill out a form, so I focused more on teaching him to type.  Now he can type (slowly).  His buddy introduced him to texting, and as I watch him jabbing away with his thumbs, I think what's the point of learning to type in this day and age?  I should just teach them to text (even though I've never texted and don't have the desire to).  Now there are new phones that have voice recognition, so you just talk into them and they type out the message.  I can't keep up with technology!

No comments: