Thursday, December 20, 2012

GBL

Mike and I have had a secret for about a month.  It's been unbelievably hard for me to keep it.  Subterfuge is not my specialty.  We planned a 2-day trip to Grand Bear Lodge as a surprise for the kids.  I almost spilled the beans several times, but we managed to pull off a total surprise, which is very difficult when the kids are always home and they're pretty observant and curious.

There was a close call earlier in the week.  I had written "GBL" on the calendar so I wouldn't forget and schedule something else for the same time.  The kids never look at the calendar, so I figured that was safe. But a couple days ago, Noah looked at the calendar and asked me, "What's GBL?"  It caught me off guard, so I stammered, "Oh...GBL?  Ummm....oh yeah....that's a....well, it's a Great...Big...uh, Lesson!  Yes, we're going to have a great big lesson on Thursday.  That's it."  I don't think he bought it, but he got distracted and surprisingly let it go.

Last night we packed the bags and loaded them in the van while the kids were at AWANA.  This morning we packed up the final last minute items while the kids were watching TV.  Then we sprung the plan.  But you'll have to come back for the next post to read about it....


No comments: