Monday, July 20, 2015

Cousin fun

 My cousin and I decided that we needed to get our kids together before summer is over.  We met at Grandma Opal's house for lunch and an afternoon of play and work.  Our lunch plan was complicated.  I said, "I'll bring some food."  And my cousin said, "I will too."  It just so happened that we both brought complementary things and ended up with a great, balanced meal.  We even had cake and ice cream and sang "Happy Birthday" to Grandma Opal, even though it's a month early.
 Somehow we managed to pick the hottest day of the year.  The kids didn't seem to mind. 

 Sarah and  Elizabeth in their  matching bunny helmets.

 Aunt Linda now owns the house, but we still call it Grandma Opal's house.  Aunt Linda came out with a water noodle like we were at the beach.
 We did get some work done.  We scrubbed all the green fur off the side of the garage and the front porch. It was even fun because we love being together.  We sure missed Isaac though.
Noah sporting Elizabeth's bunny helmet for a photo op.
Noah and Powder

No comments: