Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Sarah's sermon

Sarah has had a special bond with Pastor Harry ever since the church hired him about 3 years ago.  She is always drawing pictures for him and giving him little encouraging notes.  He bought her flowers one time and gave her a gift card another time.  Recently, she gave him this:

I don't usually see the things she gives him (or else I would have corrected her spelling), but the whole congregation ended up seeing this one, because he asked her to join him in preaching a sermon on it.  

They did a great job preaching about how to protect our hearts by living the Word of God.  
Follow this link to watch it: video 

 
Since then, Sarah has been a changed girl!  Today she thanked me for unloading the dishwasher.  She hardly ever thanks me for anything, so I thought I hadn't heard her correctly.  She repeated it, and I said, "You're welcome.  Thank you for thanking me!" She said, "Thank YOU for thanking ME for thanking YOU!"  I hope this change of heart lasts, because it's very pleasant.

No comments: