Sunday, October 23, 2016

Birthday party/shirt retirement ceremony

My mom and dad had us all over for a joint birthday celebration for my brother's and my birthdays. 
 My mom made all the food, and it was all good.
 She even made a whole separate vegan dish for me!
 The cousins played Parcheesi.
 The men watched Saturday Night Live skits making fun of the presidential debates.
 This crew (minus Sarah) played baseball in the cul-de-sac.
Then we had a sad ceremony to retire one of our favorite shirts.  I remember my mom wearing it when I was a kid, and then she gave it to me, and I've worn it for probably 15 years.  I loved how it fit and how soft and comfortable it was, but it was getting very threadbare, and there was a hole in it, so we had to say goodbye.
 

 We ripped it up and cut it into dust rags.  We each kept some and said we'd think of each other whenever we dust (which, for my part, is hardly ever).

No comments: