Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Library

Remember when you could just go to the library, walk in, touch all the books, stay as long as you want, and check out as many materials as you want?  I miss that.  Now when you want a book, you have to search for it online, order it, wait for a notification that it's available for pickup, schedule an appointment to pick it up, and pick it up at the appointed time (which must be made within a limited window).  I used to just stop by on my way somewhere else, but today I had to make a special trip just to pick up a book.  Normally I would walk, but it was way too hot and humid at my appointed time, so I drove. 

I had to drive by Noah's house (that's what we call it, even though the sellers didn't even respond at all to his offer, so we're just waiting for it to go into foreclosure or for something to change) on the way to the library, so I pulled into his "driveway", which is really just a patch of weeds next to the garage.  I stared at the house for awhile and prayed about the situation.  I really like that house.  It just seems like Noah. 

No comments: