Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Wert - day 11

Monday, June 13, 2022

Last night at Bethel was really good.  During worship, songs were coming out of my mouth that I didn't know and had never heard.  They bypassed my brain completely and went right through my spirit.  The melody corresponded with what the worship team was playing, and the words even rhymed. It's so loud in there that you can sing something completely different from what the people around you are singing, and it all blends together like a heavenly chorus.  I've never had music flow through me like that before, and it was powerfully fun!

Then I went to the pool and  played with some super nice kids that were in there too. 


When I went to get out, one of the little girls said, "Thank you so much for playing with us!"  I saw them at breakfast this morning, and they waved and smiled like we were old friends.  

We left Redding and headed south toward The Avenue of the Giants to hike among the redwoods.  

I like to lie down under trees and look up into their branches. 

My view from down there



We continued south on Highway 1, which is an incredibly winding and hilly road.  It would normally have made me carsick, but that healing must have been included with all the rest of my healing, because I had no trouble at all.  I'm thankful for that and also that Mike is such an excellent driver.  

We didn't have reservations for tonight, so we stopped at 3 places and checked them out.  The one we liked best offered us a 50% discount because it was getting late and they wanted to book the room.  So we got a great room with an ocean view for cheap.  Our room was right on a popular walking path, so people walked right in front of our big window and could look in at us, which was a little odd.  We just waved at them. 


We were there in time to see our first sunset of this whole trip.  Today is the first day that it hasn't rained since we left home.  It was cold and very, very windy, but the view was gorgeous. Fort Bragg is the most beautiful place I've ever been.





No comments: