Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Wert - day 6

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

We walked to a Pig'n Pancakes on Broadway for breakfast and then did the pocket garden walking tour.

It was delightful. So many lovely flowers.  I took a million pictures that I won't post here. There's also an alpaca shop on Broadway.  I went in and petted everything. 
On the way back to check out of the hotel, we stopped to swing on the beach.  

While I was swinging, I left my box of leftover breakfast on the ground, and sand got in it. I ate it anyway. 
Then we started driving towards our next destination but made a few stops on the way.  The first was Cannon Beach.


We passed through lots of tsunami hazard zones.  
We stopped at Sea Lion Cave, the largest sea cave in America.  It was super cool.  

sea lions in the cave


nesting seagulls
Finally made it to Florence, OR, where we checked in to a hotel and hit the beach. It was a beautiful day.  This hotel room is very small and the bathroom was so hidden behind the door that Mike declared there was no bathroom. We actually had to search for it. 

This is a dungeness crab shell I found on the beach. 
We were supposed to drive to Crater Lake tomorrow, but we love it here and the main rim road around Crater Lake is closed, so we decided to stay here another night and skip Crater Lake.  




No comments: