Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Accomplishments

It often seems to me that, even though I'm constantly busy, I don't really achieve anything.  I look around at the end of the day and see that everything I've done has been undone or needs doing again already.  Sometimes it's a little hopeless.

Today I had the flu and spent the day going between my bed and the bathroom, while the kids ran around unsupervised doing who knows what.  I'm not sure what they had for breakfast, but I know it at least involved bananas, so that's good. 

After a few hours, I shuffled out to the kitchen to get some water and noticed play clay all over the kitchen table, muddy footprints tracking from the back door to the bathroom, the answering machine flashing, dishwasher full, sink full of dishes, back door propped open, CD player on, dirty clothes in the garage, crumbs everywhere.  I couldn't muster up the energy to care, so I went back to bed.

As I was lying there in misery, it occurred to me that I really do accomplish things around here, things that no one would ever notice unless I stopped doing them.  Thankfully, I married a wonderful man who appreciates and respects me (even when I wear pajamas all day), doesn't expect too much from me, and pretty well got things back in shape when he got home. 



1 comment:

Janestown said...

Thanks for the kind words. You have the hardest job in the world and make it look easy.