Friday, March 5, 2010

Full Circle

Shopping with the kids at Kroger.  Against my better judgment, I let Sarah push the cart.  It's not long before she rams it into the back of my ankles.  As I whirl around and snap at her, a memory suddenly flashes in my mind.  I was pushing the cart behind my mom in the grocery store, and I rammed it into the back of her ankles.  It was one of the few times that she snapped at me.  So I told my kids that story right there in Kroger, and they both said, "Really?  Grandma got mad?"  and Noah wanted to know more times when Grandma got mad.  I told them another tale involving a grocery store incident (which my mom wouldn't want me to post here), but there's one more that I'm keeping to myself, at least until they're teenagers.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Kind of gives new meaning to the phrase, "what goes around comes around" :-) I once posed as a mannequin at an old store here in Pekin and when I moved I scared another lady really bad and heard a few choice words from my mother....while she tried to hide a smile.