Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Bosses

Conversation on the way home from ballet:

Noah: When we get home, I'm going to be Anakin Skywalker. Sarah, you can be Princess Leia.
Sarah: No, I'm going to be Jessica (from Electric Company).
N: OK, you can be Jessica, and I'll be Anakin.
S: No, you have to be someone from Electric Company.  You be Hector.
N: OK, I'll be Hector, but I get to be the boss.
S: No, I'm the boss.
N: You can't get everything!  Either we're Star Wars characters and you're the boss, or we're Electric Company characters and I'm the boss. That's called compromise.
S: I'm Jessica. You're Hector. I'm the boss.
N: OK, we'll both be bosses!
S: No. There can only be one boss.
N: No, there can be two.  Like Mom and Dad are both bosses of us.
S: No, Dad's the boss.
N: I know, but when Dad's gone, Mom's the boss.  See?  Two bosses.
S: And when Mom and Dad are both gone, you're the boss. 
N: Mom, can you go somewhere so I can be the boss? 

I think I'll go to Hawaii and leave them to boss each other around to infinity. 

No comments: