Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cleaning the stable

As I was vacuuming this morning, I was thinking, "What is the point of this?  It's going to get dirty by the end of the day.  How many hours have I wasted cleaning things that are just going to get dirty again?"  As if to punctuate my point, Jason chose that moment to hurl on the rug.  I went to get the cleaning supplies.  In the ten seconds it took me to get back, Sarah had stepped in the puke. Such is life when you live with pets and children. I cleaned the puke and got back to vacuuming and thinking.  I thought about how my house would probably be cleaner if I didn't live with pets and children.  But having a clean house is not my goal in life.  Then a Bible verse came to my mind, something about a clean stable.  After I got done, I looked it up. Proverbs 14:4: "Without oxen a stable stays clean, but you need a strong ox for a large harvest."  I want the harvest, so I guess I'll have to keep cleaning the stable.

No comments: