Monday, October 10, 2011

mouse

Jason left a baby mouse on the altar this morning.  It was alive and scared.  I picked him up and brought him in the house, found a sock for him to snuggle up in, and put a piece of cat food by him.  I put the sock inside a bucket so he couldn't possibly climb out, put him in Noah's room, and shut the door so no cats could get him.  Then I worked with Noah on his math lesson.  Sarah was suspiciously quiet and didn't disturb us.  I knew I should have checked on her, but I hated to interrupt a rare time alone with Noah.  Soon, she appeared and said, "Mousie got away."  She was playing with the poor terrified thing, and now it's who knows where.  They searched Noah's room but didn't find him.  I hope one of the cats locates him before he dies in some hidden place and starts stinking...

No comments: