Thursday, October 20, 2011

The mystery of the bloody paws

Jason came in last night with bloody paws.  I was afraid he was hurt, but after checking him over, I realized he must have hurt someone else.  Mike checked the altar...no dead bodies. Jason jumped up on my lap to take a bath.  I marveled at how easily the blood came off his paws just from his licking them. I had a lot harder time scrubbing the blood off my clothes.  While I was sitting there wondering where all the blood came from, I heard screaming outside.  It sounded like a bunny.  I never knew bunnies screamed before I had Jason, but believe me, they do, and it's not a pretty sound.  It was dark out, so I couldn't see anything, and eventually the screaming stopped.  We went to bed and forgot about it.

This morning, we werere rushing out the door in our usual Thursday morning exodus.  Noah said, "I can't put my shoes on.  There's guts in them."  Sure enough, his shoes were full of blood, fur, and guts.  Then Sarah yelled, "There's a dead bunny on my shoes!"  There was a disemboweled bunny all over the shoes and bloody pawprints all around it. Mystery solved.  I hope Jason goes back to using the altar instead of the shoe shelf in the garage. 

After we got home, I had to tackle the mess.  I'm hoping Mike will deal with the garage mess, but I did the laundry and tackled the bloody, furry pawprints all over the kitchen.  Sarah had just mopped the kitchen floor two days ago.  Whichever kid makes the biggest mess gets the mopping job.  Usually it's Noah.  But when the cat makes the biggest mess, I get to do the mopping.  I tried to figure out a way to strap four little rags onto Jason's paws and make him do it, but that didn't work.  Instead, this is what he did while I mopped:
He really is a delightful cat and well worth all the trouble.

2 comments:

Mike said...

He's your wittle Jabie Wabies so you should really have the honor of cleaning his sweet gutted wabbit.

Janes Family said...

Oh, you love him and we all know it.