Thursday, November 10, 2011

Baked baby tooth

Sarah's two front baby teeth have been loose for months, and the permanent ones are already halfway in behind them.  She looks like a cross between a beaver and a shark.  She refuses to pull them or even wiggle them.  While setting up for a church party, she ran into a dead end in the box maze and knocked out a tooth.  She proudly presented it to me, and I put it in a little tooth holder. 

The next day, I was standing in my kitchen talking to my mom, and I got out Sarah's tooth holder to show her the tooth.  As I popped open the top, the tooth flew out and disappeared.  I heard it clattering around but couldn't find it. I assumed it went into the Bermuda Triangle under the oven.  A few days later, I was pulling dessert out of the oven when I looked down and spotted a foreign object on the inside of the oven door.  It was a hot, well-done baby tooth.

No comments: