Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Waste of time

I spent a good 30 minutes making this delicious big salad for lunch.  It had all the fixings, even a hard-boiled egg. I even put it in a pretty glass bowl.  I don't really remember how it happened, but the kids tell me I was singing and dancing.  Anyway, this is what happened:
Usually when things like this happen, my first thought is a curse, and sometimes it finds its way right out my mouth.  I'm hoping to get to the point someday where my first thought is something like, "I sure am thankful to have such a nice kitchen and food to eat.  I'm happy to clean this up."  I'm not there yet.  But actually my first thought today when my bowl leapt to its death was, "This would be a good time for Jesus to come back."  That's progress...better than cursing.  I put off cleaning it up for awhile, to give Jesus a chance, but I guess it wasn't the right time.   It took almost an hour to clean up all those little shards of glass. 

No comments: