Monday, November 7, 2011

Parenting

I had a parental breakthrough this morning which resolved an ongoing issue with one of my kids. It felt like a big weight was lifted off of me. I must have been getting too cocky about that, because something else reared its ugly head in that same child. This is the child who USED to be our easy one. So far today, I've had breakthrough followed by breakdown. I babysat for twenty years before I had children. I was sure it wasn't going to be that hard. I knew what I was doing. I even had to take parenting classes before the state would give me children. I was an expert! On the very first day I had my own child, I realized I didn't know what I was doing, that babysitting someone else's kids doesn't prepare you for your own, that I'm not an expert, and that parenting is really, really hard. I still like doing it though.

1 comment:

Jamie Schroderus said...

Hang in there. I will send prayers for peace and strength. Hugs...those are just from me.8-)