Saturday, June 27, 2015

Cautionary tale

Don't ever break your right arm. It's been more than 3 months, and I'm still suffering the aftershocks, beyond the obvious pain and lack of strength and function. Yesterday I went to the dentist and found out I have gingivitis because I'm apparently not proficient at brushing my teeth left-handed.  Flossing just didn't happen at all.  There are other parts of my body that haven't been good and clean for over 3 months too.

Today I spent the better part of an hour making a salad extraordinaire (because chopping is still a clumsy, time-consuming affair).  I had a heaping bowl of deliciousness waiting for me, so I told my right hand to pick it up and carry it to the table.  What it heard was, "Grasp at it weakly and plunge it to the floor."
Now I'll have to order my right arm to clean up the mess, but who knows what it will actually do?  It has a puny little mind of its own. It's discouraging, people.  Don't do it.

No comments: