Friday, November 20, 2015

Scary Reindeer

When Noah was little, he used to sing, "Feliz Navidaddy" instead of Feliz Navidad.  He would always want to call Daddy and sing it to him, since he thought it was his own special Christmas song.  So every time we heard it on the radio, we would stop what we were doing, call Daddy, and sing and dance wildly.  He remembered it every year and got Sarah in on the action when she came along.  Somehow we're STILL doing this every year. 

Yesterday I had the TV on the station that plays Christmas music.  Sarah and I were listening while we were playing a game.  Feliz Navidad came on, and she ran to the basement to get Mike and Noah, yelling that our song was on. They ran upstairs, and I cranked up the volume, and we danced around the bedroom.  Then I turned off the TV, and we all went back to our regular lives.

I had recorded the news and sat down to watch it a little after 11:00 p.m.  When I turned on the TV, it was still on the Christmas station, and it was still super loud, so "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" came blasting through the house.

No comments: