Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Putting out fires

It was one animal crisis after another today.  I looked out the window and saw a bluejay attacking one of my baby robins.  I had to run out there in my nightshirt to shoo the bully away and put the little bird back in the nest.


Next it was Shiloh falling off the top level of her cat tree.  She was sound asleep and slid right off, getting herself firmly stuck between the wall and the post of the tree.  I had to pull her out and comfort her.  She was out of sorts for awhile and needed lots of comfort.

Then I opened the van door and found a baby robin inside!  I have no idea how it got in there or how long it had been in there, but it was happy to escape.  He flew out and landed right in the middle of the street, so I shepherded him over to the curb and stayed with him until he got out of the street.  There was bird poop all over the inside of the van: the back seats, the front seats, the dashboard, the floor.  Thankfully, Mike cleaned it all up, but it still smelled like poop in there a few minutes later when I went to pick up the pastor's daughter.

I felt like I had purpose today and made a positive difference.  I love animals.

No comments: