Thursday, August 27, 2020

ERT - day 2 Corn Palace

 7:00 a.m. Leaving the adequate hotel after an adequate breakfast. Hotel breakfasts are different in the pandemic. Each piece of bread and each piece of fruit is individually wrapped in a plastic bag, and there aren't many options. Neither of us slept much, and our brains are slow today, as evidenced by all the stupid little things we've done (we decided to keep a separate list of those) and things we can't think of. We're driving along I90 and thinking about how we stole the Native Americans' land, and we apologized to them on our ancestors' behalf. That led to my apologizing to the Jews that my German ancestors killed, and then we apologized to Jesus for our ancestors who killed Him, and finally Mike said, “We owe pretty much everyone an apology.” I said, “What about the cavemen? We didn't do anything to them, did we?” I tried to think of the proper word for cavemen, but all I could come up with was “Neolithic.” I knew that wasn't right, so I asked Siri, “What do you call a caveman?” Her answer was: a caveman. Not very helpful. Finally, I figured out that I had combined “paleolithic” and “Neanderthal” to come up with “Neolithic”. That whole conversation killed a good hour of drive time.

8:07 a.m. GAS at Holiday Superstation in Mitchell, SD. $1.97/gal x 7.86 gal = $15.55. I remembered going to the Corn Palace in Mitchell when I was a kid, and I was telling Mike how cool it was, and now we're going 11 minutes out of our way to see it!









Had to get a pic of Shiloh's temple in honor of our favorite kitty, Shiloh, 
with the corn palace in the background.

8:45 a.m. Back on the road. Listening to Andrew Wommack and eating trail mix.

Just passed a Mexican restaurant with the unfortunate name “Corona Village”. Nobody was there.

No comments: