Saturday, August 1, 2020

Taking it easy and buying cat treats

Feeling good today and lots to do, so I started right in.  Did some captioning while the laundry was going.  Halfway through folding the laundry, I had to lie down.  After I cleaned the bathroom, I had to lie down.  I wanted to weed the garden, but thought that will be past my limit.  I put food in the crockpot for dinner and told Noah I was going to the gym.  He said, "Take it easy.  You don't want to end up naked on the floor, eating some stranger's nuts."  That sounds terrible, but he was referring to an actual incident where, after fasting for 5 days, I went to the gym, exercised for an hour, got in the hot tub and then the sauna, and almost passed out in the shower.  I put myself down so I wouldn't fall down, and there I stayed until a nice woman came along and gave me a bag of peanuts and a towel.  I took it easy today.

I went to Kroger to buy cat treats.  They had their flashy "SALE" stickers on the shelf of one particular brand, so I gravitated right to it.  The sticker announced the price as "4/$7.00".  I don't appreciate the tricky marketing that tells me how much 4 of them are when I only want 1.  I know they're hoping people will be drawn in by the sale sign and won't bother to do the math.  I bothered.  $1.75/bag. Guess what the regular, non-sale price is?  $1.79/bag.  I bought a different brand.

No comments: