Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tea party

Sarah wanted to have a tea party (again) this morning, so while I made tea, she set out cups and saucers. There was an extra little cup and an extra saucer. I asked her if she was planning to have company, and she said that her doll Linda was coming, and also Jason the cat. She brought out a little chair for Linda and put her in it. Then she grabbed poor Jason and tried to get him to drink imaginary tea out of a real tea cup.

Jason did not enjoy his tea, and Sarah threatened to kick him out of England if he didn't sit still and drink his tea like a proper princess.  She thought maybe a fuzzy tiara would help get him in the mood.

Needless to say, he hated it.  I began to feel sorry for him, so I did something I'm sure I'll regret.  I poured a little milk in a saucer for him and let him lap it up at the table. 

He flung off his tiara and lapped up his milk eagerly.  He kept his ears flat back, to let us know he was still quite annoyed with the whole affair, but he did stay for the party. 

1 comment:

Mike Janes said...

Ha! Good show, love.