Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Too sensitive

We had a nest of sparrows on our gutter.  We checked on their progress every day.  We watched the parents working very hard to build the nest.  Then we saw five eggs in there.  Soon we heard babies chirping.  The mom and dad were constantly bringing them food.  They didn't seem bothered by our presence at all, and we were fascinated with their growth and development. 

A few days ago, the nest was missing.  We found it on the ground, empty.  I was so sad.  This morning, I saw Mommy Sparrow sitting on the gutter where her nest used to be, and she was chirping her heart out.  The poor thing apparently has no idea what happened to her babies or what to do with herself now.  I almost shed a tear for her. Noah is just like me, way too sensitive.  I know he's going to have his heart broken a lot, and of course, that breaks my heart.



No comments: